Curcumin- What you didn’t know about it
There is an African saying that goes, “Don’t go to Sokoto to look for what is already in your shokoto”. Sokoto is a business center in Nigeria and shokoto are trousers. This adage is used to show people that many times the solutions they are seeking “out there” are right “in here”, in their shokotos.
Likewise there are many medicinal benefits that we forfeit in our bodies by looking them “out there” in the “Sokotos” of complex medical science b and yet they are readily available in the plants that we interact with daily. One such plant or spice is the turmeric, from which we get the miracle substance called curcumin.
What is Curcumin?
c its color, culinary and medicinal value and strength. It is extracted from the root of the turmeric plant. Though it makes up for only 3% of the total mass of turmeric,yet without it turmeric will not “remain turmeric”.
Health benefits of Curcumin
Detoxification-this substance contains molecular properties that have detoxifying capabilities. This means it removes toxic elements from your body that are can cause body fatal dysfunctions including the growth of cancer cells. This capability cuts across all forms of cancer.
- Curbing inflammation in the body-curcumin has the capacity to aid in the decrease of inflammation in the body. Inflammation in itself can create a conducive environment for the other disease processes to take place e.g. the growth of cancer cells.
- Prevention of Alzheimer’s disease-this is a disease for which even our modern medical science has not been able to find a cure.Research has shown that in those countries where people consume curcumin in heir diets(through turmeric spice),there are lower cases of Alzheimer’s disease compared to those where it is not.
- Blood sugar stability– curcumin is also known to have the ability to stabilize blood sugar levels. It contains Curcuminoid polyphenols, which are its primary antioxidant in the turmeric root. When blood sugar is not balanced, the body is stands vulnerable to all forms of inflammatory conditions.
- Combating obesity-this benefit is due to its ability to regulate blood sugar levels. Many cases of obesity are directly associated with diabetes while diabetes as a disease is directly associated with blood sugar levels that are left uncontrolled and unregulated and , which curcumin lends a helping hand in regulating and stabilizing these sugar levels in the blood.
- Joint pain relief-this natural spice is also known to help in relieving joint pains associated with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
- Heart health and protection-since curcumin fights inflammation, which is a key culprit in many heart diseases, its intake has a big share in maintaining a healthy heart.
Recent studies have indicated that curcumin protects heart functions and strengthens the body’s own internal repair systems after suffering a heart attack. It also reduces triglycerides and cholesterol level and for that reason it imparts immense benefits to your circulatory system.
Curcumin may not be panacea to all medical conditions, but it goes a long way in helping to secure your health, especially at the preventive level. This is because the health benefits associated with it protect and benefit the vital organs such as the heart and vital metabolic processes the likes of sugar regulation and deoxidization.
|Turmeric Curcumin Premium||NutriDosha||Source Naturals Turmeric||Sandhu's Curcumin C3 Complex||EverPure Turmeric Curcumin|
|Price (1 bottle)
Price (6 bottles) Best Value
|Speed of Results||Extremely Fast||Good||Good||Average||Average|
|Quality of Ingredients||Premium||Good||Average||Average||Average|
|Customer Satisfaction Evaluation||99.20%||86.30%||81%||73%||70.30%|
|Safety Evaluation||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use||Safe for Use|
|Customer Service Rating|
|Return Policy||Risk Free||No||Unclear||No||Unclear|